Monday 14 July 2014

I can't tell GOD by Mariah Kingsley - Review by Lindsay

I Can't Tell GOD (The Maxwell Series)I Can't Tell GOD by Mariah Kingsley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

I’m struggling to rate and review this book. I had it read in a day… kind of. I’ll be honest, I skimmed most of it just to find out what happened.

Okay, so the story is interesting, who doesn’t like to read about love, lust, regrets and second chances? Well, actually, ME! I don’t. Normally I only read horror, urban fantasy or paranormal romance. However, I thought I would have a go and read something a little different. The storyline was enough to keep me interested. That’s why I continued on with the novel. Plus, I like the characters, each have their own distinct personality.

BUT… the writing jumps around a lot, it’s hard to read because it doesn’t flow very well, there are a hell of a lot of typos and these things spoil what would be a great book. These really should have been spotted in editing, or even just proof reading. Sometimes you have to read the sentences a few times to grasp what is being said.
Small examples - but I don’t I need to hear it all…
I hope she didn’t cause I scene…

Some are really easy fixes and very easy to spot when proof reading.

What annoys me is that I actually really like the story, the settings (even though for the most part were told and now shown them) the characters and the pace. I just wish I could read it without having to work hard or skim it.

I would definitely be interested in reading more of this authors work in the future. There is no denying that Mariah Kingsley can create great stories which would suck you in… but for me, the delivery needs some work to make it flow and easier to read, and an editor needs to go through it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment